mandag 21. mars 2011

Sara's Key


I knew just by reading on the cover that this book would make me cry. I just didn't know how much! The story is important to tell, from second World War. The main event is the round up of jews in Paris, where over 3500 jews were put in Velodrome d'Hives for several of days before they were shipped off to working camps in France and later concentration camps in Germany. I had never heard of it before I read this book. It's an important part of history, and I think it's important not to forget even though second World War reveals a dark side of mankind. The story is about Sara and her family, they got sent to Velodrome d'Hives, but not Sara's brother. He hid in a cabinet and Sara locked it with her key. The parallel story is about the family who lives Sara's old apartment in our time. The stories come together in a very good way, even though it breaks my heart. This was a book I just couldn't put down. It was well written, the story is heartbreaking and pulls you right in and I don't think I've cried this much for a long time! It's been made into a movie as well, and it's premiering in my country in April. I don't think I'll be able to watch it in the theatre, I'm afraid me sobbing and crying would desturbe the other moviegoers. I think I just wait until I can buy the dvd and watch it home with a box of Kleenex.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar