fredag 14. januar 2011

Percy Jackson, The Lightning Thief



I watched the movie last year, and I wasn't impressed. Now I've read the book, Percy Jackson - The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, and I'm still not impressed. I guess some of it has to do with age. The book is really meant to a different audience than I am, read; younger. I was frankly a bit bored while reading the book, and I shouldn't be since it's supposed to be a thriller. But I can understand why young readers will enjoy this book. It's about a "normal" boy who discovers he's not that normal after all. Heard it before you say? The way Rick Riordan actually mixes old Greek myths into the story is quite good, and I like the way he uses the myths. I just never thought it as well written as Harry Potter or other fantasy-series I've read. I'm not a big fantasy reader, but I read some and this just never spoke to me. Percy Jackson's stepfather is too much and I think the thought of that many half gods is a bit too much as well. Not sure if I can manage to finish the other two books I've got about Percy Jackson. I'll have to see about that.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar